'She got the idea' | 14’00” | double-screen HD | 2016.
Film / Sound edit by Paulo B. Menezes
Footage from 'Bad girls go to hell', Doris Wishman, 1965
Featuring Gigi Darlene & Darlene Bennett
'vespers' (intro) by Alvin Lucier, 1968, in 'sonic arts union' LP, Mainstream Records, 1972, Courtesy of Alvin Lucier.
'Purposeful Lady Slow Afternoon', Robert Ashley, 1972, Courtesy of Lovely Music Ltd. (*).
(*) In Robert Ashley's 'Automatic Writing' CD, Lovely Music, 1996
Originally released in the 'Sonic Arts Union' LP Mainstream Records, 1972
Selected by Proyector - Festival de Videoarte (Spain) to integrate the "Best of Proyector":
- Fonlad, Coimbra, Portugal, 29th April 2016
- Festival Oodaaq, Rennes, Nantes, St. Malo, France, 19th May 2016
- Galería Theredoom, Madrid, Spain, 5-8 October 2016
- [.Box] Videoart Project Space, Milan, Italy, 20-30 October, 2016
- Art Jaén, Jaén, Spain, Internacional Art Fair, 30th October, 2016
- Videobardo - Festival Internacional de Videopoesía, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 8th November, 2016
- Sanfest, Madrid, Spain, 14-17 July 2017
It was a pleasure to have this piece projected as conceptualised, in (real) double screen at Galería Theredoom, Madrid, Spain, 5-8 October 2016.